Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wow where did all that time go?

Can you tell I'm loving black n whites at the moment, love the emotion and detail it evokes and especially with the contrast and dark blacks I'm using am stoked with the way they turn out... this photo is my cousins son....I love this photo!!
Ok so starting a new job has been fantastic but of course as the balance of acts goes, somethings hit the floor while others stayed in the air. Scrapbooking hit the floor as did my blogging.. . Well its my 7th day into the job and its feeling good... but that me, i have learnt to go with my instinct and trust it so again so far so good and I think I'm going to like it, like it a lot actually.

But what have I been up to, well scrapooking wise, because its not an everyday thing like it was have had a bit of a pit stop so this week only managed to do a double layout, plus Yolande online class which was my first class and really enjoyed. Hoping to do her next one as well as Chris Millers class but I'd better get in quick. Also postie fulla ow, where my November SO Kit??





.







Whanau wise have been back home to our Marae at Pukehina in the weekend and had a working bee on the wharekai as it needed some zuising. Our whanau was raised at the marae and for me given I was raised by her, my kuia was one of the "old ones" so being at the marae was an everyday thing. However on her passing, as matriachs go, as a wider whanau we dont go there much. its also a small hapu marae so we are fortunate that events like tangi are few and far between, but then so are wedding and birthdays... anyways wasnt looking forward to it cause it sounded like hard work and hardly anyone turns up but when we got there had an awesome time catching up with the cousins, and I know its corny but I could feel her, a warmth, a presence and it was her.... so with the kids playing bullrush at the front, and the nannies singing and the koros drinking I remembered her and took a moment just to see my childhood for a moment through my kids playing with my mum, there grandmother... okay thats enough of that but these are some of the whanau that were there

This weekend though we are off again to Ngati Porou East Coast for my dads brothers unveiling and taking as usual my camera. As we are off to the sticks, whops whatever you want to call it (ie Rangitukia and Tikitiki) and hoping to capture some more intimate whanau photos as well of those of locals being being local!!

PS Congrats to the new DT for Scrapbook Essentials. Tu much!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that photo of your cousins son is awesome!! I love it I am drawn to his eyes...and that smile is pricless. Michelle I love your work. Aww that weekend and memory sounded lovely...especially feeling your grandma's presence. Good to hear the job is going well.

Mands Haynes said...

Great photos Michelle. Loving the conversions in BW...just looking at doing something different with mine. Could you email and share what conversion your using? No problem if you don't want to.

Penny said...

great photos... love the photo journalling aspect of the marae ones.

Sandra said...

Once again...awesome photos. Glad job is going well. Looking forward to catching up at camp.....you are coming aren't you?? Sounds like your weekend was really special.

Tracey and Adrian said...

OMG those photos are just awesome. Love the one of your cousins son. You're right black and white can make such a dramatic impression. Amazing!!!

Mel said...

Have to tell you - I was at a work function at DH's work and some people were talking about art and I was asked if I had a favourite photographer - I said "Michelle Tibble-Williams" -that floored 'em!

peata said...

Awsome!!!
Atiria and i will be booking in over xmas hols.