Monday, October 23, 2006

Sad that is over

The long weekend that is! I love hanging with the whanau, especially now that I'm off to work tomorrow in my new job as a primary healthcare manager. Will get back to you on what that actually means when I find out myself :)

Ok so had an awesome time this Saturday with Yolande and her family. So heres the story and some sneak peaks to go with...........


The weather wasnt being kind but in the end it worked out all good. I was a little nervous because as a friend whom I respect and enjoy being with, I didnt want to sux. She off course never gave off that kind of pressure it was just me and my expectations around what if my style isnt what she was looking for and what if I sux!! In the end it felt good, really good and afterwards when I took some notes and did some reflection about the shoot, came away with some seriously good grounding stuff. Yip I reflect! Everytime I do a shoot I scribble in my notebook (which will turn into a scrapbook once I'm finished with it) around what went well and what could be improved. Anything from what order to take photos in ie. water shoots last cause jeans get wet, to thinking about clothes colours and how I handle myself and the family I'm working with.
So am taking bookings in the BOP area and am avalaible weekend and most afternoons which with the summer months are looking good, especially with those reflections and have just posted out some info for those who have requested it :) Re my prices , a session for up to five people is $100.00 with travel cost if outside the Te Puke area. Sessions are from 1 1/2 to 2 hours, we have heaps of fun, cause thats the kinda atmosphere I love especially for families and you have up to 30 photos to look at :)

As for scrapbooking, as a reminder be gentle on me Yolande, its my first time for the SO online class. So go here where the uber cool people will be this Friday. Order my first kit to from SO so looking forward to that. Also I have a new love. Clear stamps.. OMG why did it take me so long to know... but I soooooooo want these and these and heaps more but I dont think its gonna happen yet... soon but not yet.........

And family wise, wow flippa ball rocks. My family ie my sister, mum, dad and me have always been competitive, not so good with the social thing if it means not winning. And given I like fun, being competitive doesnt translate into me getting a personality transplant and turning into a crazed monster! But mate are some parents clowns. If I was the ref I would have told them to leave or shut the hell up! Man they were terrible if not to other children then to their own. My 8yr loved it and we loved it cause its a sport he choose to do without his so very talented brother being involved. Its something just especially for him. But boy the thrill of it is amazing... bring on summer!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Michelle they are good. We are all perfectionist when it comes to our own work and what people think. The refelction practice is a great idea too keep up with that one. I love the one of the kids holding hands and the refelction in the water/sand. I also love how you have captured them in the background playing while yolande and hubby are the main focus. They rock as family photos where you have everyone sitting stiffly in chairs. Go you!!! Good luck with your first day.

Mel said...

As usual these are outstanding! Love them all - your prespective is awesome.

By the time we ever come to Te Puke it'll cost us a grand to hire you (and it would still be worth it!)

Mel said...

"Prespective"? You know what I mean!

Penny said...

Ya know what... Te Puke isn't that far away from me. Maybe it's time for a little trip!

The photos rock girl and I reckon you've got talent. Good job :)

Yolande said...

{using my teacher voice} YOU Didn't need to stress! BuT i so understand and as I said I am voer the moon with the awesome results - apart from the wedding photos I so don't have "us" photos -this in itself was special. Your attitude at the shoot shows in the photos - totally professional and MAN DO THESE PICS ROCK! Even as a professional you are always learning and never change that - so anyone in the BOP area - hook up with this girl man! She can do some magic! A fun 1 1/2 hours ever... and yeah Flippa ball is fun aye? Will be seeing you there more often - we won 10/3

Unknown said...

The photos look great Michelle.

Tracey and Adrian said...

Fantastic photos. Before you know it you will be taking photos as a full time job!! Congrats on starting you new job. Hope everything is going well for you.

Sandra said...

Hey, fellow employed person, great photos. Am thinking I need a "save up for family photos with Michelle" jar. I'm sure you could work miracles with my lot of teenage raggamuffins. Maybe early nxt year.

Hannah said...

Hi Michelle, just saying hello!! Those shots are beautiful, you are very talented!!

Kelly Slattery said...

Absolutely gorgeous pics Michelle & thanks for the link to the stamps...gonna see if meggy-moo can get the AL ones in ;o)

Meg McKenzie said...

Very cool pics - will be flicking you and email about 'that other thing' tomorrow!

Megan R said...

Wow Michelle, those photos are awesome!! I will have to talk to you at scrap camp about prices!! I love them, such great natural shots!!!

Ilka said...

I really like where you coming from when you take your photos. It shows in the photos - they look really fantastic!
I know what you mean about clear stamps, just got me some the other week and hey arent they just so easy to use!

Anonymous said...

Super photos Michelle! What a talent you are!

Chris M

Delys said...

I just love what you have done Michelle ...you rock girl!!im saving up for you to take some of my family as just bought an expensive vacuum cleaner lol!