Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday 13th September

Just wanted to say thanks to all those who a) visit and b) comment. Love that you do that and just to support that it what makes me blog, honest, I love the audience:) So my new challenge is to comment on at least 80% of the blogs I visit. Thats scary I tell yah becuz I visit heaps but I like that feeling so I'm gonna give it back...
Ok to start with cause Janine has done it on her site, here are some of
My favourite things
1 Cream Paua made by my mum
2 Laying in the summer sun reading a good book
3 Being unexpectly served a triple gin lime and lemondae while reading my book
4 Morning cuddles from my kids (only if I'm awake already)
5 Sitting in a spa on a star lit night
6 Having a spotless house
7 Listening to music from my high school and uni days
8 Being at the marae with whanau
9 Watching my children swim at the beach with a picnic
10 Kicking back with hubby when the kids are asleep
Some other "unusual" things about me (your only getting 10 )
1 Last time I cried was in 1999 about my nan (she died in 98) and before that 1984 when I
was 9yrs old in hospital
2 I eat my KFC on a plate
3 I am terrified of birds
4 I kill at least 2 birds a week while I am driving (its weird)
5 I am the best person I know at guessing story lines in movies and tv. It amazes hubby even
6 I like reading outloud to my hubby when hes driving on long trips
7 I have my showers or bath at night with no light on (nice and peaceful)
8 I vaccum my floors 3 or 4 times a day
9 I dont watch horror movies. Last one I watched was in 1989 called hell raiser and thats only becoz my cousins pinned me and held eyelids up!!! LOL
10 My mother doesnt like me drinking front of her. Doesnt mind my bro or sis just not me??!?!?!
Yip thats enough. Plus cant think of to many more
Also been thinking about my scrapbooking and to date its all the good stuff and if you looked at my pages, albums, life looks pretty damn sweet. So thinking on this decided I'm gonna do some of the not so sweet stuff. As life has it, had my share of blows in life and love for that matter so am looking at putting some of that down... not sure what it looks like but going to give it ago.... its been inspired some part by the new ad on tv encourging kids to stay in school and has these ghostly images of kaumatua (older person) while the schools are in class, walking home in the hallways and doing poi but the message at the end which I can remember right now prompted me to think about my past and I think the one of the greatest things I can share with my kids, later when it comes up, its the hard stuff and the hurt stuff. So ummmm gonna think on that! Am off to Bookem tonight for a midnight scrap so looking forward to that as well.
Ok and to answer Sandra I will now be working for Poutiri Trust based in Te Puke but has 20 providers across New Zealand. So I'll be managing the Primary Care Sector..... I start 24th October and am doing my photography in the weekends until it might one day become full time:) Oh well better get some work done

8 comments:

Penny said...

I also eat KFC off a plate ;)
You're right about the hard/hurt stuff... I find it difficult to scrap though. Hopefully I'll find a way to do it.

Angela said...

Vacuum 3 or 4 times, can you come to my house please.

Yep, you're right about the good and bad, but like Penny said, it is hard!

All the best for your new job.

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hey cool I am glad I inspired you.....I too like to guess storylines in movies and TV. Now that vacumming thing, man I hate it at the best of times let alone doing it three or four times a day.....oh a spa on a star light night I so want to do that.....

Lynda said...

Yes you are so right about the comments inspiring you to write more. I have done 1 layout out of the 200 odd that I have that is not of happy stuff, if only life was really like that!

Anonymous said...

yep it's nice to have comments and *know* that's someone's watching !

Tracey and Adrian said...

You're so right about how comments make you feel good and are one of the reasons why we all blog!! I haven't had a lot of comments left on mine :( LOL!! Well you have!!, but when I do, it really makes me feel good and feel as if someone is really interested in me!! And it's a way of meeting some really lovely people!! So I'm going to join your challenge - to leave a message on lots of blogs.

Mel said...

I hate birds,too (big time!), I take a bath at night with the light off),too and I NEVER watch horror movies. Ding!

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea to do for a bit of additional info. Cool. Might have to copy you!

Hey, big congrats on the job. That's exciting.