Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Damn I'm employed again......

but yeah at least its in time for Christmas. So have decided to bite the bullet and am going back to work, after 4 glorious months of being a SAHM to my 4 awesome kids. Honestly I know it is hard and that being a SAHM is under rated, but hands down it beats the shit out of having to deal with stinky adults, firing and discplining staff, managing egos and political agenda and writing and researching reports :) So start the Monday after Labour weekend and managed to negoiate myself what I think to be a sweet deal where I get to work from Te Puke (not at home but at the offices) and only have to travel 2 days a week to Rotorua. Initially it was full time in Rotorua but loved it when the ball is in my court.


Upside also is that I can again becoming a consumer of products. I do it so well and looking forward to Lisa site going up also. Still struglling with that dame altered project, I think I need a mentor??#&*! Me and altered projects are not the go. So anybody running DT with just layouts... any body???


Lastly, yesterday was a historically moment for many of the whanau of Maketu. Yesterday I had the privilege to travel with Ngati Whakaue as I was asked to document what had in essence been a journey of over 50 years. In Maketu we have the Marae Whakaue and its trusteeship is unusual as the trustee were court appointed and were members of the Te Arawa Maori Trust Board based in Rotorua. Ok so there are issues, heaps and finally yesterday trusteeship was disolved from the trust board and handed to "some" of the whanau who have over the years acually been responsible for the marae and its running. This was the 3rd attempt and twice it was suspended due to individual submissions which lengthened and delayed the process. After all 50 years is a lot of maori mens life time and so was pleased that many of our elders were there. Finished? Kao. Momentous? absolutely and am stoked that I was to be there.






6 comments:

Lynda said...

Wohoo congrats on the job Michelle, and well done on the negotiations. Great pics of the signing, what a huge feeling of pride you must have had being able to record such an event.

Penny said...

Congratulations on the job getting Michelle - glad you could wrangle a suitable arrangement.

It's great you were able to capture that historical moment :)

Sandra said...

Welcome to employedom. When do you start? Who you working for? I still haven't seen a contract but, hey, I've got a starting date.
Awseome stuff happening out there for you @ Maketu.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job and negoiating a deal that works for you! Bonus!! Wow loved reading about the historical ocassion of the trustee ship being handed back to the rightful people. Those photos capture the essence of the ocassion.

Anonymous said...

I love the documentary style of these images - and your black and white is lovely too.

Delys said...

Just love your photos Michelle. How much do you charge? Email me on cram family (one word) at the normal x place. Maybee I can help on the ideas for the OTP too. Thats the first thing I have sorted for the DT submissions and struggle with the double LOs.
WTG on the work and good on you sorting out your terms!