Monday, October 09, 2006

Just some photos to share






Had an awesome time with this whanau and was stoked to be asked to record a generation of 4 women (well 3 and a girl) so to this as part of my "product line I am putting together a 1 pager on each women and then making a stylish book. So should be intersting hopefully successful. Noted of course are the men folk, they saw they women having fun and wanted to join in. To be honest this shoot was scary. Why because of the kuia in the photos. See my nan was grumpy, real grumpy, yelled at the photographer waved her tokotoko (stick) at him and he took it, and just smiled at her.... and as a reult he passed the test and she went from crabby to angelic. I was afraid of the same thing. But no this kuia was lovely from the start. We had orginally intended to go to the beach but it was too cold so we stayed at the house. So improvising is my next skill and Delys yip I will be prepared!

Made some cards for my sons today. They have been away the whole week so was missing them and made them a card, telling them how much I missed them. It was cool and more so when they both took them and said they would look after them for life (that should be at least 2 days)! Was gonna post it but cant be flagged going to get my camera from the lounge! Will do that Wednesday.

Also have been scrapping and am soooo struggling with the altered project! I'm more of a layout girl I think! So have done the layouts for both Scrapbooking by Design and Scrapbook Essential but &$*@# to the projects. I need a design theory in my head so it looks right to me...... oh well ... might put up some sneak previews instead (can I do that)

Finally on beta blogger adn I'm liking it. Took them long enough to ask me:) So am having a tutu but love the label function and the ease of use. Now to get my counter back and my old vid clip... help!

9 comments:

Penny said...

yes... I'm still wondering if I should move to beta... I see my feed from your blog didn't die (which some others did in the beginning) so maybe it is safe now.

I'm so not into altered stuff. I mean, I like tins and things, but anything else would turn into dust gatherers round here!

Great pictures BTW. Love the generation thing. I wish we'd got some better pics of my side of the whanau while my g-dad was alive. We have some, but they aren't the greatest.

Mel said...

Michelle - you are so talented (OK I know it's sweat as well as talent!). Your pictures really tell a story. Wish I lived closer so I could let you loose on my family!

Tracey and Adrian said...

Your blog is looking great. Bo Ho, our pages aren't the same anymore. Sorry just being silly. I just can't get over your photos, just fantastic. When you look at them, so much is being said in them!! cya

Lynda said...

Awesome pics Michelle, you must be getting some really good feedback from your clients. How cool that you made cards for your boys and their precious comments made my tummy do a flip.

Anonymous said...

stunning photos and beautiful looking children, great work!

Anonymous said...

Love those photos Michelle, I love the concept of the generation photo book. What an awesome treasure that will make. Loving your concept work.....

Unknown said...

Just beautiful natural photos Michelle would love to know more about how much you charge and how long it takes. We have no family photos of all 5 of us and when I think my 16 year old will be gone at the end of next year to uni I should hurry up and do something.
I can so relate to the altered thing its just not me.

Anonymous said...

Am so loving your photos Michelle. They are sensational. And like Mel said, would love to let your skills loose on my family. Sigh.

Also your LO's from the last few posts. Loving them! They are way cool.

Hope you got your altered item sorted!

Meg McKenzie said...

Gorgeous photos Michelle - any chance of making it down south to try and get my three to line up for photos! LOL