Saturday, September 09, 2006

Friday 9th September

Ok really its Saturday lunchtime but I seem to have fallen into a new routine which at 8.00pm finds me asleep with my daughter instead of sitting in the lounge drinking vodka or in my room scrapbooking. Hubby tells me he feels a divorce coming on if I keep this up.
Friday I spent 4hours sitting in Council Chambers for a meeting and for the first 3.5 hours it was kinda fun. Thats only becuase I was texting the facilitator stupid stuff and putting him off his job and he had to hide his laughter. It wasnt actually to bad at all. You know how yah get the old guy that goes on and on and on and on and then loses both the plot and the point, well there was only one of those and he was in mild mode. Then there how i feel chicky, this chicky drives me nuts cause yah get her life story and again what was initially a group response now becomes about her...... aaargghhhh and then theres the one who only just moved home and now I know everything (luckily there where none of those present) and then theres the loud mouth! The one who has a brilliant point but has the most harshest way of saying it that unfortunately the message gets lost cause everyone is already offended. The rude phone person whose mobile goes off every 10 mins and then there the moaner who can only see all the bad stuff and doesnt have anything positive to contribute... and then theres me... the dreamer whose thinking about all the other places she could be instead of at this meeting, who has to say the odd casual comment and then goes back to lah lah land only to find that when she wakes up she is now on 4 other committees.
For ^&*# sake mother of 4!
So in short I have to stop dreaming during the end of meetings so I can decline appointment into other brain dead meetings..... maybe thats why I fell asleep

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hee hee - we often delegate responsibilities to folks who don't turn up to meetings! ;)