Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ohh the pain!!

I can feel pain in parts of my body that a) I forgot I had and b) didnt know I had. Regardless I'm thinking that to be an effective GS, ones object is to get the ball in the goal... someone needed to tell the ball that because despite my many attempts, it preferred to bounce back of the ring!! So right now reserve and GK are an option for next week.... netball and me I think are past friends but like anything, for this friendship to work I will be spending quality time with the ball ,the post and the little goal circle. So our first game as a team, well back in the old days the majority of us were NZ development squad players for netball, volleyball, rowing, and tennis. Now days we prefer the company of Jim, Jack and personally Bombay however they have lead to our demise, which has lead to the numerous spare tyres that disguise themselves as our stomachs!! So tonight took a photo of myself in my uniform (arrrghh) and weight myself so I'd better have some improvement at the end of these 14weeks or by crikey Bombay and I will be snuggling up to each other for life!!

Ok cant sit here any longer, but hurts, back aches and my toes nails are sore!!

PS we are in the B grade and we won 44-27

5 comments:

Penny said...

LOL!
Good on ya for getting out there anyway and for the team doing so well :-)
I am sure you'll see/feel a difference eventually.

Yolande said...

LOL...too funny. Hope you feel better soon. Good on ya...are you going to scrap that pic?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear I empathise with the pain and congrats on your team play!!

Mel said...

Loved your post - says she who played goal shoot for way too many years (not in the top grades, though). Do remember having to pratice goals for an hour a day - it did work but who has time for that at our age?! GK sounds good!

Delys said...

lol loved your post especially that your toenails were sore even! Too funny!
WTG with the score...and you mustve done something right! Well done on getting out there!