Monday, May 01, 2006

A great weekend had



mainly because it just flowed. My brother's partner had her 21st in the weekend ( I know your reading this Leanne) and it was lovely.. Ok I guess to some that sounds weak but in all honesty it was a lovely relaxed enjoyable evening that reflect's Leanne(stop blushing Leanne). SO heres our photos and no prizes for guessing which one is the birthday girl and yes Carol that is my brother and thanks for pointing out how spunky he is............. yuck!! But hard luck taken LOL

I guess I'm used to huge 21st ( I have something like 100+ first cousins, mum has 16 brothers and sisters and dad has 9) with speeches that go on for hours and drinking that last for days and family feud that both end and start at such occasions. This on the other hand was small intimate with three speeches and a lovely supper... Need to convince hubby that this will be the way to go with 4 kids and better still would be to have none.

So does anybody still do the big 21st thing??? I opted for the cash and household furniture and proceeded to hold my own birthday party where images of kegs, yard glasses, loud music and new friends at our Knighton road flat in Hamilton while I was at Uni. Then went home to good old Te Puke and had dinner with my family at Valentines... no yardy, little alcohol (still dont like to get drunck infront of my parents now... drunck????... maybe I've had a few to many gins this evening already.. helps when watching Desperate Housewives)....... My sister on the other hand had a hugh party that started at 5 and finished three days later and cost my parents a heap!!!
Photos of my daughter again!! Seem to be in a Parekotuku over load!! Plus this is a cool action I found for PS.... She has got attitude chronic... could that be a title me thinks

Ok heres the big cool news on tarisota after reading Nics Blog. This is cool and open to NZ... yeah for NZ... go on girls gotta have a go! Also thanks to Ngaire blog have found a blog which takes the micky out of the two peas not scrapbooking related topics. It was funny to start with and has gotten quiet out of hand but there are some humourous description of human nature.. okay better sleep.. just watched an Orlando Bloom movie so should have great dreams.. what a honey!!

4 comments:

Penny said...

ha ha! That blog is funny. Honestly - the NSBR is good for a lot of eye rolling reactions on my part. I know there are some sincere people there but boys, there sure are some doozies as well. My particular favourites are those who need to get everyone's opinion to validate their reaction to something [cringe and groan].

Delys said...

Thanks for that link Michelle...I loved the cheetah with ass on fire comment...very funny! I dont visit this MB ...its annoying.

Penny said...

Forgot to say... thou shalt enter the Tarisota competition Michelle. I reckon you've got a good chance! Go on!

Sandra said...

Ditto what she said about the Tarisota competition. Heck. you could stay up till 3 every morning and scrap more. Who needs sleep eh. Teehee.
About 21sts...I had a very sedate lunch for mine, a few years ago (cough, cough)but I'm too scared to think about any sort of parties for my boys now (18ths, 21sts etc) With texting and tgaparties.com we are liable to end up with 1,000s of people.