Monday, January 23, 2006

Wish I wasn't working


........... so that I could be at home with the kids, or with them at the beach. There is just so much fun to be had that by the time the weekends roll around I'm about ready to quit work altogether. About a year ago I would not have volunteered my self to be a SAHM but now I dream of it!! Its been amazing weather here in Maketu and the kids are having a great time in the surf and getting sun 'black' while I hide beneath the trees (sighs).
My son wiremu has made new friends with a family from Wellington who are having a holiday in the house next door to my parents and hey would you believe it they know of kiwiscraps and the the staff.... what a surprise (no not really:) They have been awesome with my boy and as a result my son whispered in my ear mummy can you take a photo and make a scrap book page of me and my friends !! Am so pleased for my boy as often he struggles to make friends given his older brother is so friendly and out there so sometimes Wiremu just doesnt get the chance to meet a special mate.
So we went swimming at Newdicks beach (please note the spelling:) ) and meet up with Hamish and Angus and they had a great time with the boogie boards and moaned when we had to come home.

But hey did managed to get some time away from me and completed a page at last. Took a while to get into the swing of things... but a little secret I have moved all my gears to my parents place as they have a spare room where I can leave my bits and pieces out and when I get back they are still there. Infact my dad is even going to put some curtains up for me because he doesnt like the sun on my gear. Man my parents rock!!

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hi Michelle
I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Great reading. I was very excited when I recognised the 2 boys (Hamish & Angus) who made great friends with your 2 boys - they go to the same school as my 2 boys and live just around the corner from us & I know their mum. And, yes - I work for KS!! VERY SMALL WORLD eh? Sounds like you all had a great holiday.

Delys said...

Cool Lo Michelle..good on you getting one done and thats a great idea setting up at your parents place. What a great photo of your kids new found friends and lol that Kirsty knows them!