Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Playing in Photoshop



Ok so new addicition number 2 maybe number 5 and that its blogging however it does come after scrapbooking and writing and photography. Tonight though, the late hours are dedicated to photoshop

What has been cool is picking up on the skills I learnt for photoshop and thats only after a little prompting by Yolande.


Found a cool infrared and colour pop action (many thanks to Rachel Richter) and applied it to a photo my son took of a palm tree. Ok so this may sound very basic for some but for me, I'm buzzing and am in a download font, brush, action frenzy... what I cant believe is how simple they are to use, honestly!

Thank goodness I have a 500+ GB hard drive! Here are the samples I have done...

The first photo on the left is the original... the second is the colour pop. The third is black and white while the last one is infrared.

So as you can see have gotten a bit carried away with my self and photoshop. But this is all being done in the name of scrapbooking and think I'll enjoying sharing what I've learnt with the girls..

So much so I have spend a lot of time downloading and printing tutorials but am thinking i should have jsut got photoshop for dummies from the library

Have one more photo to add that was done using brushes and that of course is with my three sons and brushes from http://abiteast.typepad.com/abiteast/

So enjoy and if you have any questions let me know as I have the links somewhere...

*********************************************************
Update: Forgot to mention that these were done with a single click of a button!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Michelle , your blog looks great. I love what you have done to the photo's I so wish I had a good photo editing programe.

Later
M

Delys said...

Yay Michelle! Welcome to the blogging world!!! Great photos will have to spend some time trying some things out in photoshop myself. Just need time!

Lara said...

Hi Michelle, Your babies are very important to you! I love reading birth stories, thank you for sharing yours!
Lara