Friday, January 13, 2006

Its been a long day.....


Ok so granted there are only a set amount of hours in the day ie 24 however some days this seems to double and by defintion this would be one of those days... not sure what direction this blog is going to head in so shall see as I type....
1 I am glad the blogger records only the date for entries because if it recorded the time then you would be able to see that its 2.00am in the morning. I think the earliest I have been to bed over the last 10 days would be 1.30 (damn those afternoon naps:) )
2 Have spent the last of two hours have a good ol tutu with html codes for the counter, video and flicker codes all of which I ma now highly impressed with my self.... i'll get the banner sorted in the next week I hope....
3 If you are an amazingly wonderful person with no children... have some! Ok so that was rather out of the blue but again the late day started with this on my mind as I am still in disbelief about losing a close cousin, friend and genuinely awesome man who died....fullstop........... So today we buried him, Vinnie that is, and at 30 he had travelled the world over, always came home and always called in and spent time with my whanau and I (albeit drunk and on the couch!).... fullstop. But in my mind I realised that his footsteps will never touch the earth again, and whilst he will remain in the hearts and memories of family and friends, it is limited. So it is to my children that I look and am thankful for in a new light.... for they carry the traits, the features and the memories of our parents, our grandparents, and ourselves... they embodied the love hubby and I have shared, tempered with some of our other not so great traits:) ... and it is this too that I will miss about Vinnie... to see his face, his smile, his love of life......because it ended with a 'fullstop'

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.I am not there; .I am a thousand winds that blow.I am the diamond glints on snow.I am the sunlight on ripened grain.I am the gentle autumn’s rain.When you awaken in the morning’s hushI am the swift uplifting rushOf quiet birds in circled flight.I am the soft stars that shine at night.Do not stand at my grave and forever cry as I am not there and am with you. Melinda Sue Pacho

***********************************************************************************
Saw a challenge which was to post a high school photo of yourself... well this one is of me Vinnie and Jolene taken 1993 at the Te Puke High School Ball... Oaf! am so old now....
***********************************************************************************

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeh you worked out how to add links etc to you blog. It looks great.
If you need any help with your header give me a yell and i will dig out my instructions and pass them on.

later
M:)

Mel said...

Love that quote you posted, Michelle. Blew me away as it's the second anniversary of my mother-in-law's death today and I read that at her funeral. She was only 62 when she died suddenly and we'd just been staying with her a week before she died. What a gap when our loved ones leave us.

Angela said...

By the way Michelle, it does record your time, and we can quite clearly see that you were still up at 1.57..... so get to bed earlier :)

Delys said...

So sorry to hear about Vinnie...memories of him will stay at now but you will think of him often and with a smile Im sure...he looked a real character! 30 that is so young aye?
Big hugs from me!
xx

Michelle said...

Ok so you can see the time. thank you for that reference will remember that one:)hehehe

Mel said...

Hi again, Michelle - I've tagged you . Check out my blog to see what you have to do!