Monday, April 17, 2006

in an attempt


to contribute to the scrapbooking flavour of my blog just did a digi layout (tool me 20mins) as I havent posted one in a while. Not to say that I havent done one in fact somewhat the opposite, but in the short amount of space and given its after 1am I decided to quickly do one up. So here it is. Borrowed Yolandes book by Cathy Z and decided to try it out. Have now worked out how to make my alphas look like they are chipboard shaped so its one of those practice makes perfect things, but I have to keep doing it like 20 consective times in a row which ends up taking the joy and elation of actually having done the darn thing in the first place.

On the scrapbook front I am waiting for my tarisota, my heidi swapp ghost alphabet (x2), my basic grey baby girl and baby boy papers, my urban lily papers, my 12x12 album, fiskars scissors, sewing machine but just got my maya road chipboard goodies, my heidi swapp chipboard letter (in a pretty box I might add) and yes I managed to get some contract money to pay for this all.... food, rent, clothing all irrelevant........

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! for my son growing up and being all of the big 16 months that he is.... his cot is being moved out of the room along with his draws and storage shelves and hello waalaa I have a space (albeit 1.9m by 4m) to create a permanent scrapbooking space. am so ecited about having a wall of my own... who knows when I grow uo it might turn into a room LOL. So what to do with the wall space. All ideas appreciated. Looking at rent to own paper racks, dad gonna make me a desk with a hole in it to sweep da rubbish away. getting a new computer desk that sits on a corner angle, just brought some agee jars with metal lids to stall my ribbon and gonna go to gararge sales for other bits and bobs................ am so excited about this little little newly created space...

will keep you posted!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your new wall/room Michelle ... kicking your baby out so you can have scrapbooking space!! LOL
Sounds as if you've got lots going on ... look forward to catching up at scrapcamp end of May.

Donna said...

Ooh you lucky thing having your own scrap space. Still working on that one! Maybe you could use the wall space to hang things from pegs ala Elsie F in the latest CK.
Love your digi LO. You must have alot of patience!

Delys said...

Love your journalling too on that digi layout...and you must be so patient to do a digi layout!
Cant wait to see what you do with all your new stuff...you lucky thing!
Cant wait to see the desk with the hole for the rubbish thing..clever Dad! Shelving and large bookcases an option? or maybe look out for a buffet/wine cabinet desk that some handy dad can alter?

Michelle said...

i just read it. I'm lovin all the typos so will have to go back in and make the corrections...LOL

lianne said...

Cool that you're getting a special scrapping space.
Love your layout. I love how with digi you can make the photos any size you want, so cool.

Mel said...

Great payout - I really need to have a go. And how exciting - your own scrpaping space. Won't it be awesome to be able to leave it out!