Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The end is near

as the days have been long and hectic.

Apparently I have wings and can fly... if only!! Ok so where to start... Valentines days is as good as any........ long story short this particular day is not celebrated in our house because.... when hubby was 15 he gave me a miniature rose and in short again I killed it (his words not mine.. I like to reference it as "it died" as flowers do when you leave them on the back seat of a car for a couple of days... come on I was 17.....hubby build a brdige and get over it!!) so Valentines is not a feature and I'm not fazed because we kinda get it... well we get us, here for the long haul and we've almost been together more years than we have apart so life is good.... tempered with the occasional grump but hey means great make up s........ something...

Gave notice for my job today which was a little harder than expected given that I enjoy working with the team of people I do, who by the way are awesome...but, as buts go.... there are some opportunities that cant be missed and basically it came down to family and being near them. Might have to save my take over the world plan when my one year old turns 5... thats so far away numerically but only a blink away given how quickly he has grown.. ..

Am bummed to read that Keisha is pulling her blog from the public domain... not to sure that I understand the whole pay sites thing but certainly understand the no-link-lifting. So loss to me as I really love Keishas site and her brushes so might have to email her to access a password and hope I wasn't a link-lifter!

Here's my self potrait and am pleased that it was taken by this annoying tutor... what hers name ummm... thats right Yolande, man that lady is dangerous with a camera... like in your face following your every movement dangerous. Would love to post a photo of her but hey we shook hands that we wouldnt do that sort of thing despite all the tempatation and fonts world.. yeah right!! But anyway back to me... umm where was I ... oh yeah me .... umm photo of me hiding behind brushes but also behind the clone and healing brush tool as the meds I am on to stay "not pregnant" are playing merry spotty hell on my face and plain old hell on my hips.... Damn just realised its a great shot of my maori nose, and it looks like a crooked maori nose on closer inspection... but hey seen worse in my whanau so accepting the ugly and placing the blame (again another ugly trait) some where else ... like on my great great great great great grand father!!!

Ooophs am going to try Lianne's challenge tomorrow.... my fav papers at the moment are Scenic Route and the worse paper not sure of the name but stay posted!
Alright midnight is nigh.... new resolution to try sleep before 1am....

2 comments:

lianne said...

Really love what you're doing with your brushes. And I love your mini albums. That paper is cool isn't it. Bummer about Keisha she's my idol too.

Yolande said...

Oh what a great pic. Even if it is CLOSE up! Love those brushes. And yeah I'm catching up with you tomorrow. So looking forward to that! And have seen the update on Keisha's blog!